Monday, March 7, 2011

ProjectvsLivingRoom

The projected image was not exactly what I had in mind but not too far from what we envisioned either. There were some parts that once projected sort of lacked the luster present in other segments. Now I wish I could go back and add other techniques to certain sequences like my bleach segment and rayogram segments. For the bleaching, we masked part of the frame which was a doctor talking and bleached the other part. I wish I wasn't afraid of the bleach because the effects looked great and I would love to experiment with it some more. Other things that were sort of an accident/after thought came out great and I'd like to add more. I accidently spilled red ink on my finger tips and started pressing my finger to the strip leaving finger prints. It looked amazing projected and the details were easily seen. The inking segments turned out great. For technique I put a drop of ink on one end of the strip and let it drip down. Once projected it maintained a bright/colorchanging/shaking bar.

The animation didn't really work out that well. When I was animating, I had trouble replicating the same circle, but instead of trying to make it absolutely perfect I figured it might have a cool shaky effect. Not the case however, what was sopposed to be the earth spinning, just looked like a green/blue polymorphicoxahectagonshapething. I think also since I only used 50 frames for this animation, I may have been trying to do too much for a 2 second animation. Its hard to take in everything and appreciate what you are seeing in such a short amoung of time. Next time with animation I will try and pay more attention to detail and go for a longer piece.

The pacing wasn't at all what I expected. Through out the process I kept telling myself, all of these 60 or so frame segments would only be a few seconds long. But its hard to imagine just how fast the film strip goes through. The minute did go by fast however which I take as a good sign that we used plenty of different techniques and styles to maintain viewer stimulation. Overall I think it turned out pretty well. This style of filmmaking is definately enjoyable and still maintains a sort of therapeutic/meditative effect for me. I think the main lesson I learned is to pay attention to detail and definitely go overboard, completely overboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment