Monday, March 28, 2011

Saturday™

So Saturday started off great. Woke up at 6 30 am and went to work! just kidding that part sucked. What was good though was when I got to peace out early and head to UNCW to shoot the 16mm 1 minute film.

Our idea was fairly simple. We had a bee attached to a wire that I was holding, while Barrett handled the camera. We planned to have the bee sort of run (buzz) around people doing different activities (picnicing, soccering, etc.). We spent the first half just blocking the scene, and getting down our timing. It was a little difficult to hold the bee, and be a soccer player. But by making bee sound effects I was able to seperate my spoken conscious into the persona of Bee, and my inner voice was the persona of Mee. It made sense and everyone appreciated it, I only wish we could have captured sound for the film. The shoot went well and we had our timing down so that all of our blocking was covered in the one shot.

Then we went to process which is always a lot of fun. Its so great to see it develop right in front of you, I mean it doesn't really get much better than that. Our film did however look a little bit dark in the red lit room, but once we put it though the projector we saw a lot more than the little squares of black revealed. I was happy to see that the bee remained in focus and I'm excited to see it once we inverse the colors. I'm really just so into the idea of shooting a roll of film, and then two-three hours(ish) later having a projected/digital copy.

After our shoot we helped group two out with theirs. They had all the blocking done before we got there so we just helped cue times and offer moral support. The shoot went very well, except for when I accidently dropped Emmas phone into the pond nearby (im sure you've heard several times by now). We tried to call it so we could fish it out, but unfortunately Emma must of had the phone on silent or had forgotten to charge it. She was probaly too busy planning the long take!

Overall though very great day, it was a good expeience for the whole class I'm sure and it was very rewarding to be able to shoot, process, project, transfer all on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment