Monday, March 21, 2011

48Hr VID RACE

Making a film without using any type of camera or even any technology with the word "camera" in it seems difficult. The most obvious thing I think of is to use Scanners. I've played around with them before, and you can really do some neat stuff. You can warp images by moving whatever you are scanning while the scanning is taking place and the result is a very trippy deformed image. My phone can do video and take pictures so thats always an option.

To think more out of the box though, I wonder If I can get access to an x ray machine. Or other medical scanners. Hopefully, the hospital is cool with that.

I've never done a video race before, but with the mystery prop not in hand it seems hard to plan too much in advance. I could work out some sort of narrarative based on someone going to the doctor, or have people discuss how someone was injured while having the xray images scanned in showing all of the injurines in detail. I really just need to brainsrotm more ways I can capture images without using a camera or preexisting media then I'll have more narrarative structures to explore. I do however like the idea of someone talking over images which provide a visual for the words spoken. There are numerous scenarios that could work for this style and I think it would be a fun way to tie everything together.

With my cellphone/scanner combo. I could take pictures and video with my phone and I could put my phone in the scanner and record what goes on. Or even do some sort of scanner films the phone/phone films the scanner battle. I would be interested to see how an image on a screen looks when it gets scanned. I might just do that anyway. Overall I just gotta do a lot of brainstorming and figuring out some various plans of action. 48 hours is not a lot of time, but I'll make it happen. The pressure of the whole thing should make for a better end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment